- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account or access certain features or content on the Services;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- From our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
Information that you or others provide us directly. The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name and email address;
- Login information, such as username;
- Preference information, such as book interests and favorite authors;
- Payment information (processed and stored by our third-party payment processors);
- Records or copies of your communications with us, if you contact us; and
- Your interactions with the Services.
Information that we collect automatically. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor);
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation pattern).
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process your payments and complete any other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with the Services;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions and third-party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BookClub, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
The Services may also provide you with opportunities to post comments or content, or otherwise share information on forums or message boards on the Services. If you decide to submit your personal information in these types of forums or messages, that information will be accessible by other users of the Services. Similarly, any messages that you send through the Services will be accessible by the recipients of those messages.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- YOUR CHOICES
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. You may find additional information about opting out of third-party advertising from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Additionally, your mobile device may have ways to opt out of certain interest-based advertising practices if you review your device’s “Settings” options.
- ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not directed to, and BookClub does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- DATA TRANSFERS
BookClub is based in the State of Utah in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- CONTACT US