You will work directly with BookClub’s Content Director and the production team to help develop content for author interviews, discussion guides, and other conversation-provoking materials.This person is an avid and curious reader, and has a deep understanding of what makes discussions around books compelling. Script writing experience and/or publishing world experience a plus; video experience a plus; working on story with editorial team a plus. The role requires a high level of creativity, collaboration, attention to detail, and focus/flexibility in how best to structure content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Content Director to develop engaging, thought provoking interview dialogues, discussion guides, and other author and title supportive content from authors and books.
- Implement strong reading comprehension skills that will translate into content that is well-researched, and can spark thought-provoking discussions.
- Maintain brand integrity with tone and voice across all channels.
- A team player who wants to help build out the content team, and troubleshoot pre-production needs.
- Extremely creative in the development of unique content and multimedia strategies.
- Forward thinking about helping make BookClub an essential site for readers and authors alike.
- Proven ability to identify issues and form insights to make content inspirational and actionable to users.
- Quick to develop a deep understanding of the BookClub brand and tone of voice.
- A desire to strategize about content and pre-production with blue sky-thinking.
- Multi-tasking skills are must - ability to nimbly pivot from project-to-project without
- Ability to soak up books and create questions that would be insightful for the author to
- Able to assist with structuring different formats and iterating on them.
- Excellent communication skills
- Someone who is not just a big reader, but is curious about trends in the publishing
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Ambition, strong work ethic, and open to new ideas
- Innovative, creative, willing and able to be bold
What you can expect from us:
You will learn more through books in your lifetime than from any other source, but there is no single platform for authors to share their experience and expertise. BookClub is on a mission to change this, hosting life-changing conversations that help us expand our knowledge of ourselves, each other, and the world around us through books. We believe we can harness these conversations to create the world’s largest learning platform. BookClub is a community for readers to connect over the books they love, and is fueled by cinematic video content produced with the authors themselves and celebrity moderators.
We know that the success of our mission depends on the success of our team. While we are early stage and scrappy, we work to provide a high-quality employee experience that sets you up to do your best work.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive blend of salary and equity
- Individual autonomy and respect
- Flexible, remote, and family-first work environment
- A learning-first culture that values curiosity and character and strives to enable each individual to show up as their authentic selves
- A highly skilled, collaborative team that respects the value of design and its ability to have an impact across the business
We are mindfully determined to build a team that reflects the diversity of our audience, and as a principle are committed toward amplifying the voice and power of marginalized people and groups. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.