As Producer, you will partner with the production team to create a variety of video content that will be featured throughout BookClub’s platform. The content you produce will range from high quality interviews to more informal, exclusive, author-generated videos.
This role is a good fit for an expert in all things related to video production. You will work to help optimize the comprehensive content portfolio for featured authors. Your high level focus on organization, creativity, collaboration and attention to detail will be highly valued along with your ability to be flexible in a fast-paced start-up environment.
What you'll do:
- Develop new strategies and improve existing processes for content production
- Partner closely with the Creative Director and production team to conceive, plan and
- Maintain brand integrity with tone and voice across all channels
- Manage project scopes including timelines, operating budgets, resource allocation,
production calendar and quality assurance
- Optimize workflows, track team assignments, and improve the quality of deliverables
- Collaborate cross-functionally with others to organize productions to best fit our product
- Handle day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production challenges.
- Serve as point of contact for clients, crew and vendors
- Lead conversations to ensure align throughout functional teams
- Consistent ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously with grace and good humor
- Knowledge of industry requirements, technical processes, and standards
- Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the BookClub brand and tone of voice
- Strong leadership skills, team collaboration experience
- At ease interviewing authors in video sessions
- Able to assist with structuring different formats and iterating on them
- Experience creating some video content in an instructional, course like format
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality
content that meets brand and business priorities
- 6+ years of experience
What you can expect from us:
You will learn more through books in your lifetime than from any other source, but there is no single platform for authors to share their experience and expertise. BookClub is on a mission to change this, hosting life-changing conversations that help us expand our knowledge of ourselves, each other, and the world around us through books. We believe we can harness these conversations to create the world’s largest learning platform. BookClub is a community for readers to connect over the books they love, and is fueled by cinematic video content produced with the authors themselves and celebrity moderators.
We know that the success of our mission depends on the success of our team. While we are early stage and scrappy, we work to provide a high-quality employee experience that sets you up to do your best work.
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive blend of salary and equity
- Individual autonomy and respect
- Flexible, remote, and family-first work environment
- A learning-first culture that values curiosity and character and strives to enable each individual to show up as their authentic selves
- A highly skilled, collaborative team that respects the value of design and its ability to have an impact across the business
We are mindfully determined to build a team that reflects the diversity of our audience, and as a principle are committed toward amplifying the voice and power of marginalized people and groups. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.