We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to oversee and execute BookClub’s community engagement on our platform and support the Marketing team with marketing content. This position will be split between creating and executing Marketing content and building communities where authors and readers are able to engage with one another and openly discuss books and topics that come up around those books. As a member of the Marketing team, this position will have the unique opportunity to forge a community of authors and readers and help shape long-term conversations around learning via reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and maintain an online community for authors that connects them to readers, creates a feedback loop, and ensures they feel supported and valued by BookClub
- Develop and oversee an online community for readers that bridges the gap between readers and authors, creates a feedback loop, and consists of regular reader events and daily engagement
- Help influence a positive culture on BookClub that encourages diverse voices, perspectives, and demographics
- Plan, promote and host community events that are best in class and reinforce BookClub’s brand and community goals. Leverage our community to experiment within the product, test out new features, and grow our community.
- Create content designed to engage users across a variety of platforms including the website, social media, the blog, email newsletters, and within the platform
- Work with Marketing team to develop a strategy for engaging users on social media and BookClub platform
WHAT IT TAKES
- 3+ years of community engagement and/or marketing experience
- Experience with online networking
- Ability to understand user engagement and experience
- High emotional intelligence, including empathy, composure in difficult discussions, and an affable demeanor and a preference for collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A learner’s mindset
- A love of reading and books