We’re hiring a highly-driven and passionate Client Manager to directly project manage the launch and ongoing initiatives of our curated Book Clubs and media partnerships. You will interface with multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure we are tracking against milestone dates and deliverables. You will work diligently to exceed client expectations, while representing as a trusted partner on behalf of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Own the execution of project plans for curated book clubs, sponsorship launches and initiatives over the duration of our agreements
- Provide cross-functional support for each project across Content Development, Production, Author/Talent Relations and Marketing
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Communicate with internal teams to set up back-end requirements while collaborating with external partners on approvals, discussions, and receipt around specific deliverables
- Work closely with management to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule
- Perform important task management functions, including updating project schedules and data entry in HubSpot
- Support special, high priority initiatives outside the scope of your day-to-day that fall within the talent and author acquisition team domain
- Be a voice! Proactively identify opportunities for onboarding process improvement and partner satisfaction, and communicate with internal teams to find solutions early on for challenges.
Who you are:
- You have basic project management skills.
- You have experience driving large projects from start to finish and building trust among your peers.
- You are able to communicate effectively with stakeholders on conference calls, video sessions and via email.
- You are a self-starter and have a strong sense of accountability.
- You have strong time management skills as you will be driving multiple projects at once under various deadlines.
- You are detail oriented with the ability to assure quality in your own work, as well as work provided by your colleagues and internal teams.
- You are passionate about making the world a better place through books.
- You are flexible, collaborative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- 2-4 years of experience in project management
- Detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Great communicator, with a keen and empathetic interest in considering various scenarios to benefit multiple parties
- You’ve had hits & misses, and can discuss the lessons learned from those misses
- Experience with a CRM is a plus
- Ability to give, receive, and implement feedback in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt and deal with situations and manage expectations through ongoing changes
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and tight deadlines
- You know how to prioritize and proactively manage your time
- Ability to build, manage, and sustain robust relationships