We are looking for a mid-senior software engineer to work with our backend team in architecting and building the BookClub platform. Ideally we’d like an engineer who has experience working in a fast-paced tech startup who is a team player and who is passionate about learning.
What you’ll do:
- Create, improve, and architect core services
- Accelerate the pace of product development by developing platforms and tools to make building features simpler and easier
- Build best practices and standards to facilitate a growing team
- Assist in building a scalable and secure infrastructure
- Architect and build APIs in Node AWS Lambdas
- Facilitate scalable and performant queries to MongoDB
- Mentor other engineers
What it takes:
- Proficiency with one or more languages used for backend systems, e.g. Node.js, Java, C#, Python, etc.
- Experience with architecting scalable applications
- Strong background building consumer applications
- Strong experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Node.js, AWS Lambdas as HTTP APIs, and other AWS experience, a plus